In 2020, we are particularly interested in applicants who are movement organizers, social innovators, elected officials or have political aspirations, researchers, financial services providers, business owners, public speakers, community builders, Detroiters and veterans. Our award-winning fellowship’s curriculum is taught by the top firms in their fields. Subjects include:
- How to Lead While Unapologetically Black taught by BMe Community (#1 provider of Asset-Framing training)
- Personal and Social Financial Literacy taught by Alliance Bernstein ($600B wealth management company)
- How to Persuade and Be a Thought Leader taught by The OpEd Project (#1 network of journalists and editors teaching public persuasion)
- How to Win Fights for Justice Today taught by Color of Change (largest black justice organization in America)
- The Philosophical Roots of Cultural Difference taught by Nichols and Associates (international industrial psychologist)
- Peer Consulting and Select Readings taught by members of the Aspen Global Leadership Network (a worldwide network of leaders)
If you are a black man working in Louisville, KY then you can apply to have all of the above plus a $10,000 grant by clicking on the Genius Fellowship button above. The Genius Fellowship option is made possible by the generous grants of the William R. Kenan Jr. Charitable Trust and the John Graham Brown Foundation and is available ONLY to black men working in Louisville, KY in 2020.
BMe Fellows go on to achieve national and international significance, publish New York Times bestsellers, help countless families, hold public office, and more. Collectively, we embody the Next Narrative for Black America which defines us by our powerful aspirations and contributions to the world. It all begins with a simple and easy application.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.