- This event has passed.
BMe Genius Conference
May 3, 2018 - May 6, 2018$100.00 – $500.00
- The Genius Conference is still the premiere strictly invitation-only event of BMe Community. We gather dozens of black men who have sworn their lives to helping others and provide them an uncompromising experience of brotherhood. This year, we’ve added,
- Fundraising through Asset-Framing: How to raise money based on narratives of our communities’ strengths. BMe is the #1 provider of Asset Framing training to senior executives of major funders, so who better to teach you how to cash-in.
- Taking Control of Your Narrative: How to use your personal story to empower others, build a brand and influence millions. BMe Genius Shaka Senghor has taken his story, which includes 19-years of incarceration, and parlayed it into prestigious fellowships, a successful TED Talk, an interview with Oprah, a New York Times bestseller and owning a media production company. He and his invited guests will share how you might too.
- Public Persuasion: How to influence public opinion. The OpEd Project is the national leader in training women to write winning arguments and get them placed in major news outlets. They are also a partner with BMe Community and will impart these skills to participants.
- Personal Branding: This interactive session will give each participant a brand statement that connects their personal motivation, skills, and purpose with their ideal client’s needs. Yetunde Shorters’ purposeful branding company ICYPR has helped clients to stardom and producing bestsellers on 3 continents. You will be amazed by the clarity she provides in this fast-paced session.
- Cultural Competency: The fundamental differences between African, European and Asian cultures and how to apply your culture strengths to navigate them. Dr. Edwin Nichols is an international industrial psychologist and has helped corporations, governments and leaders at the highest levels become culturally competent for over 30 years.
- Fireside Chat with Soledad O’Brien: The Black In America host and producer will share lessons learned from over 20 years working at all levels of news production media.
Plus we are going to pay our representatives a visit, get to know other BMe Geniuses from around the country, bond, laugh and return home with more skills, more friends, more love and more power than when you left.
Incredibly Small Reservation Fee
- $100 Registration Fee. In order to ensure we have an accurate count we need you to hold your spot via Registration fee before March 31, 2018.
- Registration Covers:
- Lodging for 3 nights
- All conference meals
- $2000 worth of executive workshops
- Registration Covers:
- Cover Your Travel Own Costs: While BMe will cover hotel, food, conference facility and local transportation, this year YOU must cover your transportation to DC. If you aren’t sure you can cover those costs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inform us.
- Private Hotel Room: If you would like a private room instead of the standard shared room, the cost is $400 in addition to the $100 registration fee. Please select the “Reservation + Private Room” option on the event registration form.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.