BMe Community builds caring and prosperous communities inspired by Black people. We are an award-winning national network of leaders and organizations committed to fulfilling black people’s aspirations to live, own, vote, and excel. Rooted in a culture of authenticity, achievement, and joy, we define people by their strengths and come together for knowledge, support and community. BMe operates three interrelated leadership networks. Our BMe Vanguard program serves remarkable black leaders from all walks of life. Our BMe Allies4Equity program is a network of corporations and foundations that provide financial support and professional services in an effort to build racial equity without stigma. And our newest BMe Builders lifestyle subscription service is for anyone who supports black people’s freedoms to live, own, vote and excel.
The Communications Director reports directly to the CEO, is a member of the senior management team, and acts as the in-house communications expert offering solutions to all aspects of BMe Community programs. The Communications Director will work closely with senior leaders to develop and implement the organization’s communication strategy. The Director will manage brand identity and oversee all public-facing content production and execution including digital and social media campaigns, and manage the day-to-day communication’s operations. The Director will create content for and support BMe Community’s organization wide and programmatic fundraising efforts. The ideal candidate is highly agile, creative, has demonstrated problem solving abilities, and has managed multiple communication priorities simultaneously. The Communications Director will thrive in a start-up environment and will formalize communications processes to expand visibility while enhancing member experience and efficacy of the communications team.
- Use BMe’s existing market research to develop and implement a multi-channel communications and marketing strategy to achieve organizational and membership goals.
- Collaborate with teams across the organization; keeping a pulse on current and future happenings to amplify programs, projects, and campaigns.
- Manage the editorial and content calendar, planning all content in a systematic manner.
- Work with CEO to plan and execute communications for the organization’s fundraising campaigns and donor cultivation.
- Branding: Increase BMe visibility in social impact field and maintain its attractiveness.
- Members: Set up and direct BMe’s communications with members, allies, and the public.
- Management: Organize and manage BMe assets, style-guide, content, content producers and campaigns. Manage communications team ensuring efficacy and quality of work.
- Web: Direct and maintain all BMe web and social media properties.
- Budget: Manage media budgets for maximum efficiency and impact.
The ideal candidate has a strong personal commitment to seeing black people as assets to society; prides themselves on their organization and effectiveness; is talented, collaborative, optimistic, and authentic.
- Experience creating attention-grabbing campaigns and products.
- Experience creating and executing a communications strategy for impact organizations with fundraising priorities.
- Excellent verbal, writing, and editing skills.
- Must be an agile thinker and able to seize opportunities presented by daily news and events.
- Experience hiring, evaluating, and working with communications firms.
- Experience as a publicist a plus.
$75,000 – $85,000 with benefits.
Initially, we are assessing your thoroughness and ability to promote BMe Community in the social impact and foundation worlds. Review BMe Community’s programs, press, and Asset-Framing work then write a 1-page or less brief on specific things that BMe could do to increase its standing in the social impact and philanthropy worlds. Email brief and resume to email@example.com.